- Some people say the parents should except schools to conduct their children's behaviour and tell them what is 'right' or 'wrong'. Others say schools should take this responsibility. Please give your point about it.
- To what extent should economic planning be influenced by the need of environmental conservation.
- Education is the single most important factor in the development of a country. Do you agree?
- What kind of listening challenges do overseas students face in tertiary education? What recommendations would you offer?
- Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it a responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves?
- In some countries the average worker is obliged to retire at the age of 50, while in others people can work until they are 65 or 70. Until what age do you think people should be encouraged to remain in paid employment? Give reasons for your answer.
- The rising levels of congestion and air pollution found in most of the world cities can be attributed directly to the rapidly increasing number of private cars in use.. Discuss possible ways to encourage the use of public transport.
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Posted by SMC at 8:14 AM